I enjoy supporting anything creative so was very pleased to be able to tell you about this year’s Cr8net conference.
Cr8net is a conference for the creative industries, especially for those whose role it is to support and develop others – bringing together leaders in the sector from across the globe to discuss the pressure points of the industry.
The one-day conference now in its 2nd year is fast becoming one of the most significant gatherings of industry practitioners, policy makers and businesses in the creative industries. Presented by Natasha Kaplinksy, Cr8net 2011 hosted Richard Florida bestselling author of “The Rise of the Creative Class”, and featured heavy weight panellists including Ken Livingstone and Rt. Hon. Ivan Lewis, MP. Cr8net 2012 once again takes place in the prestigious Royal Institution of Great Britain in Mayfair, on 24th April 2012.
This year Cr8net is hosted and chaired by Matthew Taylor, CEO RSA [the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce] London, and CIDA have once more enticed a formidable panel of speakers including:
- Alan Davey, CEO, Arts Council England
- Professor Andy Pratt, Head of Culture & Creative Industries, KCL
- Araceli Camargo, founder of The Cube London
- Claude Grunitzky, founder of Trace magazine
- Deborah Bull, Executive Director, King’s Cultural Institute
- Dirujan Sabesan, Entrepreneur, Creative Nerds
- Ekow Eshun, cultural commentator & former Director of the ICA
- Hasan Bakhshi, Director of Creative Industries, NESTA
- Baroness Lola Young, Crossbench peer and writer
- Natalie Wade, Projects Manager, Small Green Shoots
- Paul Kirkman, Head of Culture at DCMS
- Pim Baxter, Deputy Director, National Portrait Gallery
- Roger Wade, Founder of Boxpark
- Sara Shamsavari, Artist
“Cr8net is a high visibility platform for leaders in the creative and cultural sector to debate the state of the industry, to highlight opportunities, to face down challenges and to offer resolutions: creative minds supporting creative minds”. Toks Majek-Akisanya, CIDA’s CEO.
Full details on Cr8net available at www.cr8net.com